Re: Hardware trouble ries.debian.org - ftpmaster.debian.org / release.d.o services disabled

On 12065 March 1977, Joerg Jaspert wrote:

> ries.debian.org, the host behind ftp-master.debian.org, has hardware
> trouble, a failed memory module keeps resetting the machine at random
> intervals.

No, its not fixed, just thought of giving a little update:

I did an initial check of stuff that recently happened in the ftpmaster
part of ries. Right now we have a set of packages that are broken beyond
repair (on ries and also pushed to mirrors):

gparted 0.5.2-2 alpha
python-oss 0.0.0.20010624-6.1+b1 armel
python-pam 0.4.2-12.1+b1 armel
fluxbox 1.1.1-7 hppa
fqterm 0.9.6.8-1 hppa
gparted 0.5.2-2 i386
gss 0.1.5-1 mipsel

Those are fixable by a binnmu for the broken architecture. The binnmus
are already scheduled (thanks aba), NO need for any maintainer action!

Additionally we have one package in the archive that we can not help
with a binnmu, a full source upload is required. The maintainer got a
seperate mail asking for the upload, but for reference, its fatsort, the
latest version.

And then we had 3 armel binary-only uploads getting trashed before they
could be accepted. Those just need a reupload:

deets 0.0.1-1 armel
dpkg 1.15.6.1 armel
clutter-1.0 1.2.4-1 armel

And there was one source-ful upload which ries also managed to destroy,
libmodule-signature-perl 0.62-1, and I also informed the maintainer
here.

Besides that we have some other files suddenly containing crap, but none
that affect the archive or need any work from elsewhere.

Note that I did not yet run a full check over all files. This will
follow, but not right now. The above is merely from looking at recent
activity and checking the usual places in our archive.

--
bye, Joerg
(23:02) <liw> I should take a photograph of my stapler, the maker of which is "RAPESCO"