Re: Suggestion to developer tools

2010/3/18 Luke Cycon <lcycon@gmail.com>:
> On Thu, 2010-03-18 at 17:32 -0500, ceduardo wrote:
>> Hi every body, thaks you for your suggestions.
>>
>> Well I am learning about C, C++ and Linux programing, jeje I am trying
>> to be a Debian developer this is my objetive. On my practices use
>> emacs and others tools from console.
>>
>> What Do you developer tools sugges?
>
> *If* I understand what you are asking (For suggestions for development
> tools), you have got some of the main ones.

I wanted to know aobut the typicals develoment toolt that you use.

> When I need/want a nice GUI for when I am feeling lazy, I use Eclipse
> (Available in the repos, though there are newer version out there).

I have Eclipse installed but I don't use this for C/C++, but It is a
good idea to try with this one. I am testing NetBeans IDE but I want
to know your suggestions.

> Other than that, a nice console text editor and the compiler (In C/C++'s
> case) is a very powerful development environment.

The powerfull, vi, vim, gcc, g++, gdb and the others that I don't know
in this moment.
> All in all, it is a matter of choice.  Do you like a more GUI-centric
> style of programming?  Or are you comfortable using command line tools?
>

> Again, sorry if I misunderstood the question.

Don't worry your message  can help me in my way
> (I am CCing you on the off chance that you may not be subscribed to this
> list, sorry if you are (Somewhat of a generalization, I see many of
> these questions asked by people not subscribed to the list.))
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Luke Cycon <lcycon@gmail.com>

Thanks.