Re: uploads to experimental

On 19 March 2010 12:25, Ryan Niebur <ryan@debian.org> wrote:
> It may have something to do with this:

No, possibly more likely:

<http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=529281>

Except the justification given is wrong. I want to be able to pick the
schroot manually and have it automatically determine the distribution
for the changes file after building the package.

According to the man page in my version of sbuild:

       -d, --dist=distribution
              Fetch source packages from specified distribution.

However this documentation doesn't say this will also override the
distribution used in the changes file. Maybe it should also complain
if the distribution in the changes file doesn't match that in the log
file.

In this case I want to build against sid but still use experimental.

I see there is a --chroot option to sbuild, however I am not really
sure what it does, it doesn't seem to take an option (???):

       -c, --chroot
              Use  the  specified  chroot.  If  not  specified,  the
default is the first of $distribution-$arch-sbuild, $distribu-
              tion-sbuild, $distribution-$arch or $distribution that exists.

--
Brian May <brian@microcomaustralia.com.au>