Re: uploads to experimental

Brian May <brian@microcomaustralia.com.au> writes:

> How do I make uploads to experimental?

> I thought this putting experimental in the changelog was sufficient:

> === cut ===
>  heimdal (1.4.0~git20100221.dfsg.1-2) experimental; urgency=low
>  .
>    * Update debshlibs dependancies. Anything compiled against the
>      version of Heimdal in experimental will require the libraries from
>      experimental. May not strictly be required for all libraries, but
>      better be safe then sorry.
>    * This also will resolves a bug for the experimental version that has
>      already been solved in stable (closes: 571206).
> === cut ===

> However the upload appears to have gone to unstable instead of experimental.

The only thing that matters to the archive software is what distribution
is listed in the *.changes file.  Normally, this is taken from the
changelog.  I'm not sure why it would have been set to sid in this case,
but looking in the PTS at heimdal, you can see that the *.changes file
associated with the upload says sid.

> How do I fix this mess up?

Unfortunately, to get back to 1.3 in unstable, you have to upload
something with a higher version number than the upload that was supposed
to go to experimental, which means either using an epoch or an artificial
version number that's higher than the one above.