Re: Proposed removal of arch-perl (libarch-perl)

Jonathan Yu wrote:
On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 3:14 PM, Clint Adams <schizo@debian.org> wrote:
Have you asked upstream?

Actually, no I haven't, since given the number of test failures on
CPAN Testers (pretty much 100% are FAILs), I assumed the the author
was already aware of the problem. On second thought, though, you're
right -- many authors don't get the test reports for some reason or
another (maybe their CPAN e-mail account doesn't forward anywhere,

Did not follow the hole tread ... but failed tests on CPAN can be caused by missing non CPAN dependencies.

after aptitude install tla

All tests successful.
Files=33, Tests=686, 5 wallclock secs ( 0.19 usr 0.02 sys + 2.00 cusr 0.54 csys = 2.75 CPU)
Result: PASS

(Arch-0.5.1 via CPAN on Lenny)

Of course I did not enable tests which where disabled by upstream.