Re: [Rant] Re: Removing the manpage requirement for GUI programs?

On Sun, 2010-03-07 at 13:09 +0000, Sune Vuorela wrote:
> On 2010-03-07, Frank Lin PIAT <fpiat@klabs.be> wrote:
> >> GNOME, Xfce and KDE maintainers all explained that we have no interest
> >> in working on manual pages, and our upstreams don???t either.
> >
> > This is an important information that many people weren't aware of (at
> > least, myself).
>
> So you didn't read the full thread that was initiated by Josselin (gnome
> maint) and had comments by me (one of the kde maints) and Yves-Alexis (XFCE
> maint) ?

"people were not aware" is past tense. I did read this thread with
interest, and learned from it.

> I normally don't tag such bug wontfix, but asks the submitter to provide
> one. Submitters often dont.

This tool is meant to help improving manpages:
  http://bugs.debian.org/559697
(were people easily submit a kind of patch, rather than just describing
the problem)

Franklin