Re: md5sums files

Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> wrote:
> Don Armstrong <don@debian.org> writes:
[...]
>> Is there any reason why we can't just modify dpkg-deb to create
>> DEBIAN/md5sums and DEBIAN/sha512sums and get archive coverage relatively
>> quickly, automatically, as things get rebuilt?

> Figuring out a better solution for why the files in /var/lib/ispell and
> /var/lib/aspell are excluded from the md5sums generation because they
> change after installation is probably needed
[...]

Hello,
I think these hash files are not arch independent. Which is why the
packages only ship empty files in the deb and generate the correct
binary data in postinst. This way the hash files are listed in dpkg
-L, and dpkg takes care of removal instead of relying on
maintainerscripts.

cu andreas