opinions on NEWS file within a Debian release

A package I maintain (opendkim) has released a new major version which
removes support for a commonly-used conf file setting in the previous
version. Although that setting is common, it is not set by default in
the Debian package.

However, this package has yet to see a Debian release. As such, it is
only in testing and unstable. I'm therefore undecided on whether to
mention this in NEWS.

How do other developers feel about this? Does it make sense to mention
the configuration change in the NEWS file, considering that this won't
affect any stable release?

(Please Cc: me as I am not subscribed.)

--
Mike Markley <mike@markley.org>