Re: How KDE uses Htdig

On 2010-03-03, Mats Erik Andersson <mats.andersson@gisladisker.se> wrote:
> Dear Developers,
> My present worry has to do with the fact that KDE has a dependency on Htdig,
> and I do not use KDE, nor do I use Gnome, so therefore I _do_ need some
> complimentary information on the matter.
>
> I intend this daily rebuilding to be configurable in the future packaging,
> but since it is not clear to me if KDE makes use of 'rundig' iself, or if
> only the compiled executables like htdig, htfuzzy, htdump, htmerge, etceter=
> a,
> are in fact the tools of choice for the KDE infrastructure.

Hi

KDE does not rely on any 'system services' regardnig htdig. It is used
to index the manuals in the kde helpcenter in order to make them
searchable.

If you want to test it, apt-get install khelpcenter4 and try to index
documentation.

(In the left pane, select the Search Options tab. first time, it should
offer to build indexes. Later on, you can manually reindex by pressing
the 'Build Search Index' button in that tab)

/Sune