Re: [RFH] Debian 2.6.32 CONFIG_WIRELESS_OLD_REGULATORY, wireless-regdb and crda
- To: Faidon Liambotis <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: "Luis R. Rodriguez" <email@example.com>, Kel Modderman <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Debian Devel <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, Johannes Berg <email@example.com>, "John W. Linville" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, Kalle Valo <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "John S. Skogtvedt" <email@example.com>, Debian/Ubuntu wpasupplicant Maintainers <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Tim Gardner <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [RFH] Debian 2.6.32 CONFIG_WIRELESS_OLD_REGULATORY, wireless-regdb and crda
- From: Paul Wise <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 13:35:57 +0800
- Message-id: <[🔎] 1267335357.3088.21.camel@chianamo>
- In-reply-to: <[🔎] 4B8995B6.email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <1265076642.3040.20.camel@chianamo> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <1265440223.3167.93.camel@chianamo> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <1266646281.3059.30.camel@chianamo> <[🔎] email@example.com> <[🔎] 4B8995B6.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sat, 2010-02-27 at 23:59 +0200, Faidon Liambotis wrote:
> I'm a member of pkg-wpa-devel and I've been sponsoring Kel for almost 4
> years. I have absolute trust in him and I've even offered to advocate
> him to the NM process multiple times.
I'd definitely agree with your assessment here and would also encourage
Kel to apply for NM.
> I'd be happy to review and sponsor the uploads of crda/wireless-regdb,
> if Paul doesn't have a problem with this.
Definitely no problem there.
> I usually prefer team maintenance, so I think it'd be best if this
> happened in pkg-wpa; my offer to sponsor is independent of that, though.
Agreed, whoever wants to help maintain this should join pkg-wpa.
So, summary of the main issues with Kel's current package:
He doesn't have time to maintain it and needs folks to join pkg-wpa,
take ownership of the crda RFP (#536502) and work to get both crda and
It combines crda & wireless-regdb into one source package. While
upstream keeps them separate, we should do the same.
A few other issues that are easy to fix:
Description: This is a digitally signed message part