Bug#571580: ITP: python-netio230a -- software to control the Koukaam NETIO-230A, a cheap but advanced multiple socket
Owner: Philipp Huebner <email@example.com>
* Package name : python-netio230a
Upstream Author : Philipp Klaus <philipp.l.klaus AT web.de>
* URL : http://github.com/pklaus/netio230a
* License : GPL 3+
Programming Lang: Python
Description : software to control the Koukaam NETIO-230A, a cheap but advanced multiple socket
Taken from the URL above:
this software’s core
The core of this software is the Python netio230a:
* netio230a.py – The class netio230a with the functionality to query and command the Koukaam NETIO-230A
command line user interface
There is a command line tool (to switch on/off ports) included in the package:
graphical user interface
And a graphical user interface is also included. PyGTK gui for the NETIO-230A (query status / switch on/off ports):
You can find screenshots on the screenshots site of the project website.
examples to show how to use the netio230a module/class in your Python projects
To show you how you can take advantage of that class in your own scripts, there are also several example files included.
Take a look:
* example.querySystemStatus.py Query all information of the NETIO-230A
* example.switchPower.py switch on/off a port of the device
* example.setTime.py manually set the time of the box
* example.interrupt.py interrupt an output for a predefined time
* example.querySystemStatus.py about 8 hours ago mostly changed examples [pklaus]
* example.reboot.py reboot the NETIO-230A (without loosing the power status on the ports)
There is also a discovery tool implemented in Python trying to give the same functionality as the Windows Tool NetioDiscover.exe by Koukaam.
It is however just a command line tool yet. It is able to detect all Koukaam NETIO-230A devices on your network.
It cannot set the IP etc. of any of the devices yet.