Re: mail notifcation on "failed" builds (was: Re: Misc developer news (#20))

Alexander Reichle-Schmehl <tolimar@debian.org> (24/02/2010):
> Indeed, they are not always a failure.  A arch specific package I
> sponsor (rt-tests) send me some of these failed build
> notifications. The "Problem" the build fails, because the
> archittecure is not supported, as can for example be seen on the
> hppa build log:
>
> ==================
> rt-tests_0.66-1.dsc: hppa not in arch list or does not match any arch
> wildcards: alpha amd64 armel i386 ia64 mips mipsel powerpc s390 sh4
> sparc -- skipping
> ==================
>
> First I wouldn't expected the buildd to even try to build the
> package (but then again, I don't know how our buildds work); in any
> case it would be cool, if these failed builds wouldn't trigger such
> a mail, as it is the expected behaviour.

If your supported architectures aren't going to change, please get
your package added to P-a-s[1,2] by following instructions[3].

 1. https://buildd.debian.org/git/packages-arch-specific.git/
 2. http://git.debian.org/?p=mirror/packages-arch-specific.git;a=summary
 3. http://git.debian.org/?p=mirror/packages-arch-specific.git;a=blob;f=Packages-arch-specific

Mraw,