mail notifcation on "failed" builds (was: Re: Misc developer news (#20))

Hi!

Raphael Hertzog schrieb:

The autobuilding system now mails notifications for failed builds to
the PTS, keyword buildd. [..] Please note that these notifications do
not necessarily mean bug reports in your package but could also be
caused by other packages, temporary uninstallabilities and
arch-specific breakages. A look at the build log despite this
disclaimer would be appreciated however.

Indeed, they are not always a failure. A arch specific package I sponsor (rt-tests) send me some of these failed build notifications. The "Problem" the build fails, because the archittecure is not supported, as can for example be seen on the hppa build log:

rt-tests_0.66-1.dsc: hppa not in arch list or does not match any arch wildcards: alpha amd64 armel i386 ia64 mips mipsel powerpc s390 sh4 sparc -- skipping

First I wouldn't expected the buildd to even try to build the package (but then again, I don't know how our buildds work); in any case it would be cool, if these failed builds wouldn't trigger such a mail, as it is the expected behaviour.

Best Regards,
  Alexander