How to track patches and debian versions of packages

Hello.

In the process of converting my packages to the new 3.0 source format,
I'd like to log somewhere that a certain patch was applied for the
first time in a certain debian version of a given package.

Is there a DEP3 header for that, or maybe such information is not
supposed to be in the patches themselves?

May I use "X-whatever:" for non-standard headers, in the RFC2822 spirit?

Thanks.