DEHS and source format 3.0

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 12:08:16PM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> DEHS now supports format 3.0 source packages
>
>  Although support for format 3.0 source packages on DEHS was not expected
>  to be added until DEHS2 was released, thanks to a contributed patch they
>  are now supported.

That's great, ... but I don't quite understand what it means :-)

In particular, what I'm badly missing in my packaging work-flow---now
that we have source v3---is support for monitoring multiple tarballs
Debian packages (see #531321). For instance, I maintainer a few Python
packages that are collections of very small Python eggs, which would be
overkill to package individually.

In this case, source v3 helps a lot removing the need of repack, but I
have ad-hoc (and quite hackish) debian/rules targets to execute uscan on
all available sources. Due to that setup, DEHS is pretty much useless
for me on such packages, as it is not able to detect out of date
components.

Does this news mean that DEHS now have native support for that, no
matter what uscan supports? Or is it something way more simpler meaning
that DEHS can "parse" v3 source packages whereas before it was not able
to?

Thanks for the clarification,
Cheers.