Re: New Menu category Applictions/Multimedia

[Frank Küster]
> By the way, one thing you'll learn is to use terms that everyone
> understands without problems, and that not everyone is using a
> "Desktop envirnoment".  In my window manager, there's only one menu,
> and that's the Debian one.

If we are to believe
it is possible to migrate from Debian menu files to XDG desktop files
and still get working and useful menus for the following window
managers: WindowMaker, fvwm2, icewm, blackbox, fluxbox, openbox,
xfce4, openbox3 (and probably more if we want to extend the xdg_menu
script.  The migration can also be done while keeping the menues
useful and working in the migration period.

Personally, I believe this is a good idea, as the current situation
with two partly integrated menu systems is confusing for both
maintainers and users.

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen