Re: why are the watchdog drivers blacklisted?

On Feb 07, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> wrote:

> I'd rather we had a watchdog mini policy that boils down to:
As the udev and module-init-tools maintainer my goal is to support
automatically loading all the drivers which their maintainers intended
to be automatically loaded and blacklist until they are fixed the ones
which are currently too buggy to be automatically loaded.

If the defaults for some drivers are wrong then I can't see why they
should not be fixed, but if default configuration parameters are needed
then they should be provided by the watchdog package.

(BTW, is there any other watchdog daemon? The watchdog package reliably
fails to detect when the system is half-killed by OOM.)

--
ciao,
Marco