Re: why are the watchdog drivers blacklisted?

I demand that Marco d'Itri may or may not have written...

> On Feb 06, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> wrote:
>> It got renamed to wdt_tco, I think,

Do you mean iTCO_wdt? If so, then you should know that that's working fine on
my EeePC 901.

>> and it will hard-hang a lot of thinkpads if it ever triggers, for
>> example: the SMBIOS can't handle it.

> OK, I will blacklist this one.

Via /etc/modprobe.d/*? It looks more like a case for DMI-based blacklisting
to me. However, according to the module source, this can be used for
computers with broken BIOSes (given CONFIG_ITCO_VENDOR_SUPPORT=y):

options iTCO_wdt vendorsupport=901

[snip]
--
| Darren Salt            | linux at youmustbejoking | nr. Ashington, | Doon
| using Debian GNU/Linux | or ds    ,demon,co,uk    | Northumberland | Army
| + This comment has been censored.

I'd like to, but my mother would never let me hear the end of it.