Re: Package upgrade in Debian without corresponding changelog entry

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 12:41:46AM +0100, Stefan Fritsch wrote:
> On Saturday 30 January 2010, Ben Finney wrote:
> > So, the version was upgraded to ‘1.2.1-1+b1’, but there latest
> >  entry in the changelog is still only ‘1.4.1-1’. There is no entry
> >  describing the changes in the latest release of the package, as
> >  specified in policy §4.4.
> >
> > How does this occur? A conversation on IRC suggested it might be
> >  related to binNMU upgrades, but I don't know enough about that
> >  aspect to judge.
> >

> /usr/share/doc/mercurial is a symlink to mercurial-common. And
> mercurial-common is arch all and not rebuilt for binNMUs. So maybe a
> (minor) bug in mercurial?

See also #524191 (severity: serious, as it's a violation of policy 12.7).
The bottomonline is all binary-dep packages must have their own copy of the
changelog (and by extension their own /usr/share/doc dir).

--
debtags-organised WNPP bugs: http://members.hellug.gr/serzan/wnpp