Re: Uploads without the architecture-dependant binary packages.

Mike Hommey <mh@glandium.org> writes:

> On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 06:24:49PM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
>> Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> writes:
>>
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > I found it interesting that a package like git-core is autobuilt on all ports
>> > since at upload time it only contains the source and architecture-independant
>> > binary packages. I like it. I always feel sorry that no build logs are
>> > available for the architecture I use for upload.
>> >
>> > Before I start to do the same when possible, is it a bug or a feature ?
>> >
>> > Cheers,
>>
>> That has always been a feature but recently the DAK has changed to throw
>> away the maintainer build debs (while still requireing them to be
>> uploaded) and running an autobuild on all archs.
>
> No it hasn't changed, yet.
>
> Mike

Still not? damn. It was presented in

http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2009/11/msg00001.html

| The current "winning" opinion is to go with the source+throw away
| binaries route.  We are close to being able to achieve this, it is
| simply that it has not yet been enabled.  Before any version of this
| can be enabled, buildd autosigning needs to be implemented in order
| that dak can differentiate buildd uploads vs maintainer uploads.

and later argued that it would suffice to throw away debs in source
uploads and allow all binary only uploads (from buildds or porters
doesn't really matter). Looks like ftp-master didn't take to that.

Sorry to misinform but there is something to look forward too sometime
this century.

MfG
        Goswin