git-core maintenance

Hi,

I found that the package git-core has several outstanding bugs filed
against it. Many of them are poorly tagged, and their status has not
been updated in quite some time. I updated the status of some bugs,
and sent patches to upstream fixing others. After that, I tried asking
the maintainer to make a new release incorporating bugfixes.
Unfortunately, the maintainer's email address listed on the Debian
bugs page seems to be broken. Therefore, I would like to politely urge
someone with some additional time on their hands to contact the
maintainer/ adopt the package. I'm not experienced enough to do this
myself, but I am willing to give my time to help co-maintain the
package if necessary.

Thanks and regards,
Ramkumar