Re: Is tabular data in binary format acceptable for Debian ?

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 02:02:48PM +0100, Manuel Prinz wrote:
> > Well, my compromise suggestion was intended to be a fallback if
> > ftpmaster insists on the rejection.
>
> I do not expect them to, as they have been very open to reasonable
> arguments in the past. (At least that is my experience.)

I think & hope so.  I just tried to avoid even worse formats just in
case.

> Adding HOWTOs
> to README.Source is IMHO not worth the overhead it produces on the
> maintainer's side. Every R user knows (well, should know) how to deal
> with those files.

Yes, but you can not assume that ftpmaster is an R *user* nor is
README.Source a document which is targeting at an end user.

Kind regards

     Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de