Re: Invitation to the BSP in Tokyo/Japan,23 January 2010

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 04:34:26PM +0100, Axel Beckert wrote:
> Without coordination with the BSP in Moenchengladbach[1] at the same
> time, targeting the same groups of bugs is a bad idea.

IMHO, you're overestimating the _additional_ risks of having 2 BSPs at
the same time instead of one (which already has the risks you mention
per se).

First of all, it has been observed already, that a group of more than 2
DDs hacking in a single room will end up communicating on IRC :-) While
jokish, I think this defeats your argument about "local coordination" in
a single BSP. This is not meant to be polemic at all, it is just my
personal experience.

To that end, BSPs already have tools to avoid conflicts *even among the
local participant*, which are: the #debian-bugs channel you've already
mentioned and the "claim" and "comment" features in Debbugs and
bts.turmzimmer.net.

Thanks nevertheless for the coordination page!
Cheers.