Re: Iceweasel and Firefox compatibility

As someone pointed out in the thread, Mozilla doesn't even allow its trunk and alpha versions of Firefox to use the Firefox brand, whether in application name, installation directory (for the Windows version) or user agent. Third party builds (even if they just add a compiler flag) of final releases aren't allowed to use the Firefox brand either.
I think we're just as not allowed to distribute versions of Firefox that use the Firefox user agent as we're not allowed to distribute versions that use the Firefox name and logo.

As also explained, user agent switcher fixes the issue trivially.

And you may want to add Google Wave to the list of webapps which complain about the Iceweasel user agent :)