Re: /var/www is depracated, which directory to use?

Hi,

> On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 5:12 PM, Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:
>> Hi Tom,
>>
>> On Montag, 2. November 2009, Tom Feiner wrote:
>>> Is /var/cache really such a bad option? I mean, the entire web content
>>> is re-generated from templates & graphs are re-generated from the rrd
>>> databases every 5 minutes. So even if someone did delete the directory,
>>> it'll just be recreated up to 5 minutes later.
>> It might be bad if the directory is gone and the webserver refuses to start
>> because of a non-existing DocumentRoot...

Well, all we're doing is defining an alias with a DocumentRoot and at
least in apache2, it handles it gracefully, returning a 404 Not Found
'The requested URL /munin/ was not found on this server'. Also, apache
restarts work fine.

We will have to test it with the rest of the major webservers to make
sure they're also ok with this, but I expect it'll work the same.

Tom