Re: transitioning from a single to split package

Penny Leach wrote:
[...]
> I think the best way to handle this, is stop having a moodle package at
> all, but instead have a moodle-common package, that depends on either
> moodle-mysql and moodle-pgsql.  These two obviously depend on
> moodle-common, and conflict with each other, and all three new packages
> conflict with the old "moodle" package.

I think I'm not understanding the situation very well.
First of all, why do you want to split moodle? there's for example phpbb3
which uses dbconfig and allows multiple different DBMS as backends.
Second, why wouldn't users be allowed to install both, together, the -mysql
and -pgsql versions?

Cheers,
--
Raphael Geissert - Debian Developer