Re: Is it time to remove sun-java6?

Hi,

On Thu, 08.10.2009 at 11:44:21 -0400, Barry deFreese <bdefreese@debian.org> wrote:
> A few of us have been discussing the removal of sun-java6.  It is

hmmm... are we really talking about sun-java_6_ and not sun-java_5_?

When I look at Sun's site, I find that Java 6 is the most current
offering they have:

http://java.sun.com/javaee/downloads/preview/?userOsIndex=1&userOsId=linux&userOsName=Linux

I may be confusing things since I'm only a user of Java applications
and not a developer of such, but at least a few months ago, I failed to
use openjdk for the two applications that I'm using most: freemind and
jmemorize. I'll try to figure out how to test these with openjdk.

There is one other place where SUN's Java seems to work better than
openjdk for me, and that is as an OpenOffice.org plugin.

--
Kind regards,
--Toni++