Re: Debconf and PackageKit

On Fri, 02 Oct 2009, Jean-Christophe Dubacq wrote:
> > Ok now I'm forking and using --status-fd, but i got this localized
> > pmstatus:k3b:0:Removendo k3b
> >
> > which i can't parse, actually i'm a bit afraid if it's status are
> > some kind of standard, maybe i should look at the source.. :P
> >
> > So what's the best solution anyway?
> > Clean the child env vars?
>
> Or just use LC_ALL=C (or setenv("LC_ALL","C") or whatever
> $ENV{"LC_ALL"}="C" you need), which should be done before launching any
> localized non-interactive program from which you expect some information.

No, he doesn't need that. For example in a French environment:
$ sudo dpkg --status-fd 1 -i ../dselect_1.15.5_i386.deb
(Lecture de la base de données... 225254 fichiers et répertoires déjà
installés.)
Préparation du remplacement de dselect 1.15.5 (en utilisant
../dselect_1.15.5_i386.deb) ...
processing: upgrade: dselect
status: dselect: half-configured
status: dselect: unpacked
status: dselect: half-installed
Dépaquetage de la mise à jour de dselect ...
status: man-db: triggers-pending
status: dselect: half-installed
status: dselect: half-installed
status: dselect: unpacked
status: dselect: unpacked
Paramétrage de dselect (1.15.5) ...
processing: configure: dselect
status: dselect: unpacked
status: dselect: unpacked
status: dselect: half-configured
status: dselect: triggers-awaited
processing: trigproc: man-db
status: man-db: half-configured
status: dselect: installed
status: man-db: installed

The "processing" lines are those that seem to interest you. They do not
contain translated material in any way.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog