Re: Switching /bin/sh to dash (part two)

Raphael Geissert wrote:
Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
It is not like you will be able to remove bash from the vast majority of
the Debian systems out there anyway, so it doesn't matter if it remains
"essential" for a while.

The goal of dropping bash from essential is not to remove bash from the
systems (or from Debian), it is about making packages really using it
depend on it.

Yes, moving bash out of essential is a worthy goal, though I think we're not yet ready to do that: the move of the default system shell has not been completed and there are still quite some bashisms around...

Cheers

Luk