Re: Is adding dh_config and a postinst snippet ok ?

On Mon, 20 Jul 2009, Dominique Dumont wrote:
> I'd like to add the following files in libconfig-model-perl:
> - /usr/bin/dh_config
> - /usr/share/debhelper/autoscripts/postinst-config-model
>
> In short, the goal is to use these files to perform smooth upgrade of
> configuration data during package upgrades. See [1] for full details.
>
> But we're not there yet.
>
> Before deciding whether dh_config is a good idea or not, I want to check
> that these files will not break anything just because they are installed
> on your file system.

It should not AFAIK. dh doesn't call random dh_* scripts, you need to ask
it explicitely "dh --with config-model $@" and you need to provide
a /usr/share/perl5/Debian/Debhelper/Sequence/config-model.pm file.

That said dh_config is probably a bad name, it's too generic IMO.
dh_config_model ? dh_install_config_model ?

A question about this project, I've recently discovered augeas, how do you
compare yourself with it?

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog