Is adding dh_config and a postinst snippet ok ?

Hello

I'd like to add the following files in libconfig-model-perl:
- /usr/bin/dh_config
- /usr/share/debhelper/autoscripts/postinst-config-model

In short, the goal is to use these files to perform smooth upgrade of
configuration data during package upgrades. See [1] for full details.

But we're not there yet.

Before deciding whether dh_config is a good idea or not, I want to check
that these files will not break anything just because they are installed
on your file system.

So, what so do you think ?

Will users run into problems when these files are installed ? Can
dh_config be called by dh without warnings ? (Note that this should be
harmless if no option or specific files are provided to
dh-config. dh_config will just exit(0) )

All the best

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/PackageConfigUpgrade
--
Dominique Dumont
"Delivering successful solutions requires giving people what they

irc:
  domidumont at irc.freenode.net
  ddumont at irc.debian.org