Re: Switching /bin/sh to dash (part two)

On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 06:04:13PM +0200, Raphael Geissert wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> This is a follow up to my previous thread, with a slightly different proposal.
>
> What actually needs to be done is:
> * Make dash essential, make it divert the current /bin/sh symlink by default,
> make another essential package depend on dash. Prompt the user before
> diverting on interactive upgrades.

Is there a reason why we're not using the alternatives system for
this and let both bash and dash set that up, and then have dash's
priority lower than bash?

(If you do this, please make sure that if you manaully select bash
it doesn't change to dash again after an upgrade of either dash or
bash.)

Kurt