Re: Switching /bin/sh to dash (part two)

On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 06:04:13PM +0200, Raphael Geissert wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> This is a follow up to my previous thread, with a slightly different proposal.
>
> What actually needs to be done is:
> * Make dash essential, make it divert the current /bin/sh symlink by default,
> make another essential package depend on dash. Prompt the user before
> diverting on interactive upgrades.

I'm not sure what an "interactive upgrade" is.  How do you detect
that?  Is that when it's not run from d-i or something?

Does this mean it's going to ask us on each upgrade?

With the Depends you're letting people install it now, so on
first _install_ it's going to divert it without prompt?  Or is
that part of the "interactive upgrade"?

Kurt