Re: The wider implications of stuffing the NEW queue with issues it was not designed for.

On 2009-07-19, Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> wrote:
> Do we have evidence that maintainers have damaged the project in the past by
> willingfully upload packages with overriden lintian errors?

Damaged the project... no.  Caused a RC bug to be overlooked... yes.
I recently encountered a package where the library's binary package
was not named after the SONAME.  This caused a lintian error which was...
overridden.  And it broke horribly when the SONAME change went unnoticed
because... well... the binary was never named after the SONAME and thus
the check wasn't active anymore.

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern