Re: The wider implications of debhelper/dbus breakage

On 2009-07-17, Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> wrote:
>> AFAIK the FTP Team is working on a system to prevent uploads which
>> have lintian errors. The whole category of lintian errors has
>> already been assessed and possible overrides are planned to arrive
>> in the NEW queue at least once... Please do note that I'm talking
>> about errors, not about warnings.
> Right. However, having sbuild run lintian would allow a buildd
> maintainer to assess issues with packages by looking at *warnings*,
> rather than 'just' errors. This isn't something an automated system can
> do.

While that's true (and would require having an up-to-date lintian on the
buildd which does not emit false warnings for packages built in the
testing/stable/oldstable queues), some people are working to get
autosigning happen.  This might drop review except for special cases.
Of course we could put lintian into that set, though. And that might
actually be a good compromise.

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern