Re: RFC: DEP-3: Patch Tagging Guidelines

Hi all,

I take the opportunity of this discussion to make a few other questions and
comments…

Le Sat, Jul 04, 2009 at 12:35:16AM +0200, sean finney a écrit :

> Origin: Some User <email@fqdn>
>
> okay, maybe that should be Author, but then why have an additional and
> duplicate field "Origin: other, submitted by..." requirement?

By the way, it a patch originates from Debian, what should we write?
‘Origin: vendor : Debian’?

> > Is it worth advising that lines be < 80 characters (including
>
> i'd say so, but only as a polite suggestion/reminder.

In addition, it limits the short description to 80 - ‘Description: ’ = 67
characters.

Le Sat, Jul 04, 2009 at 02:58:28AM +0200, gregor herrmann a écrit :

> Maybe I'm too lazy but I'd rather use
>     Bug: #123456
>     Bug_CPAN: #12345

Note that for Sourceforge, it seems that more than one number is required. For
instance, for the bug 1215086, only the second of the below URLs work:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=1215086
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=1215086&group_id=133157&atid=726404

Have a nice day,

--