Re: DEP 5 proposal omits original Debianization information

On Mon, Jun 08, 2009 at 12:51:39PM +0200, Xavier Oswald wrote:
> So I see no needs in having the debian maintainer(s) name who were involved in
> the creation in debian/copyright too. It's an information duplication.

The one reason to include this information in debian/copyright is that the
packagers may be copyright holders for contents under Debian.  However, this
a) is not limited to the original packagers, b) may not be true in many
cases today, where the debian/ directory for many packages is trivial
boilerplate.