Re: DEP 5 and directory/file names with spaces

Andres Mejia <mcitadel@gmail.com> writes:

> Oh. I didn't know of such a goal and the DEP draft doesn't mention
> this. I've always thought the copyright file was meant to be most
> readable by people.

Yes, and that's certainly a goal that should not be lost. As I
understand it, the goal is to make it *also* easily parseable by
programs, so that its structured information can be shown in other ways.

> So ultimately it's going to be expected that people read these
> copyright files through a GUI, correct?

That makes it sound like you're describing the expected *primary*
interface for viewing these files, which I don't think is correct.

--
 \     “Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?” “I think so, but |
  `\          where will we find an open tattoo parlor at this time of |