stopped daemons starting again during upgrade

Hi all,

I recently did an upgrade from lenny to squeeze. I did it in single
user mode / runlevel 1 (with all the daemons stopped). I noted that
during the upgrade various daemons were started again. IMO it is
reasonable to expect that stopped daemons stay stopped during an
upgrade, expecially in runlevel 1. Does anyone else agree? Is this a
bug in each of the packages with a daemon or in the init system?

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise