Re: no deprecation of /usr as a standalone filesystem

On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 07:43:00PM +0200, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> This is a summary of last month's thread about the feasibility of
> removing support for /usr on a standalone filesystem.

> The issue was raised by the udev upstream maintainer along with the udev
> package maintainers of the major distributions, who all agreed that this
> configuration is not supported.

I spoke with Scott James Remnant at UDS about this, and he clarified that
Ubuntu does not support /usr *on NFS*; which is accurate, since there are
significant changes that need to be made to the out-of-the-box configuration
to get this to work.  But Ubuntu *does* support /usr on a separate
filesystem.