Re: changes in pam: automatic configuration of PAM modules

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 01:42:11PM +0100, Michael Biebl wrote:
> Steve Langasek wrote:
> > As a result of the prototyping work done on this within Ubuntu, patches are
> > already available for several module packages (libpam-krb5, libpam-ldap,
> > libpam-smbpass, ecryptfs-utils, libpam-ck-connector) which I will work on
> > submitting to the Debian maintainers over the next week or so.  If

> Could this also be used to automatically setup gnome-keyring?

Probably not, because gnome-keyring's PAM module isn't generally applicable
and shouldn't be used for all services.  You probably only want this module
used by gdm, gnome-screensaver, and maybe a handful of others - you don't
want the module triggering on every POP connection, web authentication, etc.