Re: Support of new source packages in squeeze

> In practice, there's one exception, the debian tarball can contain
> binary files that are installed outside of the debian dir. Those are
> necessary listed in debian/source/include_binaries.

According to the dpkg-source man page, you mean include-binaries.

Is there a complete specification of these new source control files?
(Exact syntax, complete list of control files, etc.)  We'll need it to
write Lintian checks, and dpkg-source doesn't seem to have that
information gathered into one place.

Also, the dpkg-source man page implies that Format in the source section
of debian/control is just another way of specifying the format:

   --format=value
          Try first the given format for building the source package. If
          used multiple times, they are tried in order. It doesn’t
          override any explicit Format field in debian/control but it does
          override any format given in debian/source/format.

but from this thread I gather that it shouldn't be used.  What should
Lintian do in this area?