Re: Support of new source packages in squeeze

Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> All in all, things are in a rather good shape but I still need some help.
> While I tested extensively the dpkg-source side, we still need to ensure
> that all our additional tools cope well with the new source package
> format (*-buildpackage, apt-get source, lintian, devscripts, dput/dupload,
> etc.). I know several tools in devscripts have already been fixed/enhanced
> in that regard. Please try using new source packages with all those tools
> (in particular if you maintain them) and file bugs if you encounter
> problems and usertag them appropriately (user hertzog@debian.org /
> tag 3.0-quilt-by-default).

dpkg-gencontrol: warning: unknown information field 'Format' in input data in
general section of control info file

Should I file a bug against dpkg-dev for that?

And another minor issue: vim doesn't know about the new Format field in
debian/control yet. It seems it [1] has to be updated.

Regarding lintian: For packages which already use quilt and have a quilt
Build-Depends, it would imho be useful if lintian issued a warning, that this
build-dep is no longer required with 3.0 (quilt).

Cheers,
Michael

[1] /usr/share/vim/vim72/syntax/debcontrol.vim

universe are pointed away from Earth?