Re: xcdroast does no longer work with wodim: Who to blame?

On Tue, 3 Mar 2009, Joerg Schilling wrote:

As a hint: "the work mkisofs" is the plain files that can be found in the
sub-directory "mkisofs" in the cdrtools source tree. Other sub-directories in
this source tree colletion contain _other_ independent works.

You have to decide whether the GPL is a completely unusable license or whether
there is no problem with mkisofs.....

I am afraid that we will not solve the problems of the shortcomings of GPL
here. The question is whether or not we can solve the problems of the
different reading of the GPL for the purposes of this one program, mkisofs.

I understand that in the legal theory you have about the programs there is no
problem, while under the theory espoused by Debian and many other
distributions there is a problem. Lets not try to solve everything here, but
only the one thing-- mkisofs. As I have said, the users would thank you.

J�>

UBC, Vancouver,BC  |   Program in Cosmology |     unruh@physics.ubc.ca