Re: xcdroast does no longer work with wodim: Who to blame?

Darren Salt <linux@youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> [Mail-Followup-To set again. I note that the last one was ignored...]
>
> I demand that Joerg Schilling may or may not have written...

> >> By that argument, it seems to me that if I compile (and link) cdrtools,
> >> it's not a derived work; but if you compile (and link) cdrtools, it's a
> >> derived work. (You've definitely added your own code, whereas I haven't
> >> added anything.)
>
> > You seem to be extremely confused. Try to first write as many internal
> > draft version before you come back with something that does not contradict
> > within a single sentence.
>
> Nice. I point out a problem in what you said, and get accusations of
> confusion and self-contradiction in return. I have this suspicion that you're
> using two definitions of "derived work" and are picking whichever best suits
> your argument.

As long as you are not prepared to understand and to discuss the license issues
I see no way to advance.

I am definitely not writing self contradicting statements, you are.....

Your problem seems to be that you repeat untrue claims from other people
without reading the GPL before. If we like toi discuss "license issues" it of
course makes no sense if you are not able to discuss at eye level. So please
first read the GPL as many times as needed to understand the basic concepts in
it.

Jörg

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)