Re: xcdroast does no longer work with wodim: Who to blame?

Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 03, 2009 at 01:09:29PM +0100, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> > You are uninformed: libc on Linux is under LGPL and the LGPL is as
> > "incompatible" to GPL as the CDDL is "incomparible" to the GPL.
>
> Er?

Well, it seems that you are uninfored....

If you like to tell me that mkisofs cannot link against libschily because it is
CDDL, mkisofs could not link against GNU libc either because it is LGPL.

If you believe that GNU libc and mkisofs both together create a derived work,
you would need to use the option from the LGPL to tranform the code into GPL.

.....then you would never be able to have X on a Linux platform again as the
conversion from LGPL to GPL is irreversible and valid for the master copy of
a Distributor.

Jörg

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)