A plan to provide some patch to improve package configuration upgrades (was: Proposal to improve package configuration upgrades)

Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> writes:
> ... now it is only the two of us which needs to stop talking and start
> proposing patches as needed :-)

ok. Here's the plan:

- Identify a "candidate" package to add (as a patch) an upgrade
  feature based on Config::Model.
- Then, I'll patch this source package to use Config::Model during
  upgrade and test it at home
- Then, I'll send the patch for review and comments

Now, I need some help to identify the package I'll will work on.

This package should have a configuration not too complex and its
configuration definition should not move too fast. So this excludes
exim, sendmail and xorg.

So, do you have a configuration peeve package that fit the criteria
above and bothered you during upgrades ?

Does anyone want to participate actively to improve upgrade with
Config::Model ? (yes, this is a call for help :-) )

All the best

--
Dominique Dumont
"Delivering successful solutions requires giving people what they

irc:
  domidumont at irc.freenode.net
  ddumont at irc.debian.org