Re: xcdroast does no longer work with wodim: Who to blame?

Am 2009-03-02 06:23:26, schrieb Goswin von Brederlow:
> Since everything seems to be dumping core on your system have you
> thought about the possibility that it might be your system that is at
> fault? Such a widespread range of coredumps usualy means one of the
> core libraries is corrupted on your filesystem or you have faulty
> ram. Or maybe a root-kit that breaks things?

Since the release of Lenny, I have installed arround 60 Workstaions, but
making tararchives of the original installation  and  reinstalled  Lenny
from scratch, using the first binary DVD and the rest over Net.

Nearly 80% of all Workstations do not work properly.

The half of them is without sound (all Creative LABS)

00:13.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB Live! EMU10k1 (rev 0a)
00:13.1 Input device controller: Creative Labs SB Live! Game Port (rev 0a)

which is needed for telephony.  Then I  have  a  couple  of  Dual-Screen
Workstations with the above card...

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Matrox Graphics, Inc. MGA G400/G450 (rev 82)

xserver-xor-video-mga does not work...  Now I use the framebuffer  which
is working nicely but I do not know the  performance  differnce  between
"mga" and 2fbdev".

While Fvwm was working fine under Sarge and Etch, no it  stoped  working
correctly.  The first time afte 7 years.

Maybe there is a new config option, but curently I have  flying  windows
arround, I mean, news windows are placed in non-expected places.  I want
my message boxes ans such back in the center if I do  not  use  explicit
geometry. But it is going more strange, because my own GTK2+ application
are placed correctly like the OpenOffice ones...

I have set EWMH to reserve space  for  my  FvwmButton  (Panel)  and  the
FvwmTaskbar but they are now ignored...

While reading the huge manpages, nothing has changed...

> Given that you only have the core-dumps since Lenny I would suspect
> something got scrambled during the upgrade. Some bit flipped somewhere.

I was thinking this too, and have tared the broken installation like the
Etch and Sarge ones and reinstalled the WHOLE thing from scratch.

The error persists.

This is WHY I run under "ulimit -c unlimited" to get this pigs with the
disavantage, that I get the absoulut MEGA coredumps over my NFVv4 since
${HOME} is in my Intranet Server.

If I get a usefull coredump, I will try to put it  on  my  USB  key  and
upload it in the Internet Caffee onto my server.

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    24V Electronic Engineer
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

<http://www.tamay-dogan.net/>               <http://www.can4linux.org/>
+49/177/9351947    50, rue de Soultz         MSN LinuxMichi
+33/6/61925193     67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)