Re: Proposed release goal: fix debian/rules build-arch

> Interestingly, all but one of these is a false positive, at least in the
> sense of whether debian/rules is a makefile.  The vdr packages don't use
> /usr/bin/make as the interpreter line, but debian/rules *is* a makefile
> - they just have a rather convoluted custom script that they use to set
> up the environment before calling make.

Which means that if you call make on it directly, it doesn't work, since
the environment variables aren't set and all the stuff that shell script
does then isn't done.  I don't really agree that it's a false positive,
although I agree that it will happen to work given how we currently build
packages.