Re: Desktop standards, MIME info cache, and Lintian

Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Le mardi 10 février 2009 à 13:34 +0100, Michael Biebl a écrit :
>> Joss, what's your opintion on update-mime-database (dh_installmime) and
>> update-icon-caches (dh_icons)?
>> Should we triggerize them too?
>
> For update-icon-caches, that was the plan when introducing it. However
> it can only apply to the hicolor and gnome themes. Other themes will
> still need to call dh_icons. This also means dh_icons will have to
> special-case these directories.

Could you elaborate a bit more on that, which directories precisely and why
other themes still need dh_icons?
If I can get a clear picture what exactly needs to be done, I don't think it
would that hard to provide patches (and I'd be willingly to do so).

Cheers,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?